There are many different kinds of Fondue, but the most famous kind is cheese fondue. Do you how to make cheese fondue for your next party?
Since cheese fondue is pretty much popular, it is a good idea to serve it at parties as the star appetizer. Fondue absolutely gives so much fun. Everybody gets to dip their pieces of bread, fruit and even vegetables into the same pot by using a stick, which simply makes everyone in the party go closer together. On the other hand, knowing how to make cheese fondue is pretty easy. You only need to get the ingredients ready, your cheese fondue pot and you’re good to go.
How to Make Cheese Fondue
- 2/3 pounds of Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 pounds of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 cups of dry white wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Choices to dip in the fondue (bread, fruits, and vegetables)
- First off on how to make cheese is mixed the cornstarch with half of the wine in a saucepan over low heat. Mix the cornstarch and wine mixture until the starch has completely dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to simmer and add the cheese slowly little by little and stir it periodically.
- Continuously stir the mixture in order to let the cheese evenly melt. Make sure that you stir it slowly throughout the process. You don’t want to overcook the cheese.
- If you want to thin out the cheese mixture, feel free to use a cup of dry white wine. But if you want it thick, leave it like that.
- As soon as the mixture has completely melted and it’s thick enough to coat a piece of bread or fruit, then it’s absolutely ready to eat.
- As soon as it’s done, remove the cheese fondue mixture from the stove and pour it into a serving dish. You could use a heat-safe dish with a candle under it.
- Now that your cheese is ready, it’s time for you to chop your French bread, some vegetables, and fruits into small cubes. Make sure that these cubes aren’t too big or small. Bite-size pieces is good enough. In order to present your fondue perfection, arrange the bread, vegetables and fruit cubes in a platter or cheese board together with the fondue dish. As soon as you are done, you can serve it right away.
Knowing how to make cheese fondue is very easy. It is absolutely basic and not rocket science. So, if you want to get your family and friends enjoy a nice party, fondue can be your star!