It is quite handy to own a stainless steel cheese grater in your kitchen. It is best for grating some quick amount of cheese for garnishing over your soups, vegetables or pastas. Grating is an easier task that cooking. Moreover, if you want melted cheese in your stews or on your vegetables, grated cheese melts faster than that chopped in small pieces. A cheese grater can also be used for grating carrots, and many other such vegetables. You get graters in various materials such as plastic or wooden too, but the blades are most-often made from stainless steel.
Advantages Of A Stainless Steel Cheese Grater
- It helps to grate cheese easily. Grated cheese melts quickly
- It is easy to clean with a scrubber.
- Once you buy a cheese grater, you need not worry about buying another one anytime in your life as these products have long lives. Such a product remains for years in your kitchen.
- You can quickly prepare cheese sandwiches with the help of a cheese grater.
- It is made in such a way that you do not slice your skin while using it. anyone including kids can use this tool.
- These can be used for shredding different types of cheese like hard or soft. A grater can also be used for shredding coconut, lemon, orange zest, etc.
Types Of Stainless Steel Cheese Grater
There are different types of cheese graters: Tower graters, handheld graters, scratch my back graters and many others. For shredding cheese, you will need a handheld grater. It comes with a handle and a grater so that you can hold the handle with one hand and grate cheese with the other. It is best to use for small amounts of cheese. But this grater does tend to spill cheese elsewhere if your plate or vessel is small. The tower cheese grater has a square shaped base at the bottom. All the four sides of the grater can grate cheeses in different shapes, sizes and even patterns. Some recipes need different shapes and patterns of cheese. Then you can buy this grater, as you can have all kinds of shapes and sizes of grated cheese via this too. There is also a ‘Scratch-My-Back’ cheese grater. This one typically looks like a hedgehog with stainless steel blades at the back. the best part of this grater is that it prevents spilling of cheese elsewhere and you can only shred cheese in a single size. Today, you get different types of gadgets for shredding cheese too. You just need to put the cheese inside and rotate it to grate cheese.
Cheese graters are best cleaned with a thick scrub that can easily get rid of the stuck cheese particles in the blades and also not hurt your fingers while cleaning.
This is all you need to know about cheese graters. You can invest in the one you like as per your requirements.