Cheese is the most loved dairy product. It is mostly used in pasta, pizza, nachos, etc. and wherever a person wants to give a dish a sharp, tangy flavor. Here, we will learn some different types of cheese and how to make cheese at home easily. There are many ways to make cheese, but here we are with the easiest and most liked way to make a yummy soft cheese at home. The cheese made at home will not make any difference in taste and will be fresher than the one we get from the market.
There are several benefits of cheese one of it is that it is an excellent source of calcium, fat and protein and a high amount of vitamins.
What Is Cheese?
Cheese is a dairy product derived from the milk of sheep, goats, cows, and buffalos. It is produced in a variety of flavors, textures, and also colors.
Types Of Healthy Cheeses
Types of cheese get differentiated by their colors, names, products used, origins and the final taste they give
- Mozzarella- Mozzarella is a soft, white cheese with high moisture content. It comes from Italy and is made from Italian buffalo or cow’s milk.
- Blue Cheese- Blue cheese comes from cow, or sheep’s milk that has been cultured. The mold used to make it gives it a different fragrance and, tangy flavor.
- Feta- Feta is a soft, salty, cheese from Greece. It comes from sheep’s or goat’s milk. It gives a tangy and sharp taste.
- Cottage cheese- Cottage cheese is a soft, white cheese made from cow’s milk.
- Ricotta- Ricotta comes from the watery parts of cow, goat, sheep, or buffalo milk that are leftover from making other cheeses. Ricotta has a creamy texture and vastly used.
- Parmesan- Parmesan is an aged cheese that has a hard texture and is salty and nutty in flavor.
- Swiss- Swiss cheese originated in Switzerland. normally made from cow’s milk and gives a nutty taste.
- Cheddar- Cheddar is a semi-hard cheese from England. It comes from cow’s milk that has been matured for several months.
How To Make Cheese At Home?
- One milk gallon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or lemon juice
- 1/5 tbsp. citric acid
- Put a gallon of milk in a medium or large pot and bring to a boil
- Add 2tbps of lemon juice and distilled white vinegar into it
- Add citric acid to it. Strain the curds with a strainer. Drain the fresh cheese and add salt to that drained cheese and herbs are optional and according to your tastes.
Precautions While Preparing Cheese At Home
- Use milk that is not extra pasteurized.
- Do not extra boil your milk.
- Maintain the temperature.
- Strain it with a clean towel.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the area you are cooking.
Demerits Of Cheese
- Cheese can make you fat and also can cause heart disease.
- It contains casein, and some people can also be allergic to casein
- It also contains sodium, which can also cause high blood pressure and also can cause constipation.
As we know, every coin has two sides. Similarly, every food has two sides good and evil. Extra intake of any food is inadequate for your health so have it wisely.