Donuts, we all have eaten. The majority of them are sweet, right? But have you ever eaten the cheese doughnuts? Yes, you heard me right! It is utterly tasty. Made with macaroni and cheese, these doughnuts will make you forget the sugary doughnuts. The brownish outer layer with a cheesy inner layer will give you a kick to your taste buds.
Recipe Of Cheese Donuts With Macaroni
- Cooked macaroni and cheese – 3 cups
- Eggs – 3, large
- Peanut oil – to fry
- Once you cook the macaroni with cheese, keep it in a bowl. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and put it inside the fridge for at least 3 hours. This way, the cooked macaroni will become a little hard.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take out the macaroni bowl form the fridge and transfer the contents into a food processor. Scrape the bowl properly with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs into it one by one. Set the processor at medium. Let the macaroni mix for about three minutes till you get a smooth mixture.
- Take a doughnut pan and coat it well with cooking spray. This way, the doughnuts will not stick to the walls of the pan.
- Pour some of the macaroni mixtures into the doughnut pan. Keep in mind that each cavity should be filled to the top.
- Repeat the process until all your macaroni mixture finishes.
- Insert the pan in the preheated oven and let them bake for about 20 minutes. Once the sides start to turn brown and crispy, take the pan out of the oven.
Frying The Cheese Donuts
- Once you take the doughnut pan from the oven, allow them to cool for about 15 minutes. This is necessary because if you do not cool them before frying, the doughnuts might burn or become black.
- Place a wok on high heat and pour the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the doughnuts and fry them till all sides become crunchy. Never add all doughnuts at a time. Fry them in batches to make sure they are correctly done.
- Take a serving plate and wrap it with kitchen napkins. Place the fried doughnuts on it.
- Team the macaroni doughnuts with mustard, or tomato ketchup, or any cheese sauce of your choice.
Tips For Cheese Donuts
- You can use vegetable oil to fry the doughnuts if you don’t have peanut oil.
- Don’t you have cooking spray? No problem! You can melt some butter and use it to coat the doughnut pan with the help of a cooking brush.
- If you want to twist the taste of the doughnuts, you can opt for chocolaty cheese and macaroni. The combination of chocolate and cheese will make the doughnuts mouthwatering.
- Do you want to add some more flavors to the doughnuts? During processing the macaroni mixture, tip a dash of salt as well as black pepper in the food processor.
- The chopped bacon will add the perfect smokiness to the doughnuts. So, you are free to add bits of bacon into the mixture of macaroni.
- Never use olive oil for frying the doughnuts to save them from the exasperating taste.