Cheese fondue is a mouthwatering treat. People serve it in a fondue pot. It tastes authentic as it is heated by candlelit under the pot. When we dip the bread into the melted cheese, it tastes yum. It was known as a Swiss dish. Essential ingredients used to make a cheese fondue is cheese, wine, garlic, and some seasoning. One can dip bread, cherry tomatoes, fruits, meat, and even pastries in fondue. The recipe to make cheese fondue is menti
Recipe Of Cheese Fondue
- 400 g Cheese ( Gruyeres cheese)
- One clove of Garlic
- 150 ml White Wine
- 2 tsp of Corn Starch
- 2 tsp of Cherry schnapps
- One loaf of Country Bread (Cut into cubes)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pepper as per taste.
- A Fondue Dish (also called caquelon)
1. Take a fondue dish. Cut a clove of garlic into half and rub it in the fondue dish. It will give a delicious flavor to the cheese.
2. Measure the wine in a bowl and add cornstarch and cherry to it. And give it a quick mix so that no clumps remain.
3. Take a country bread and cut it into cubes.
4. Heat the wine mixture in the fondue pot. Add grated cheese to it.
5. Stir the cheese continuously so that it melts perfectly. It should be in a running consistency.
6. Grate nutmeg in the cheese. Freshly grated nutmeg goes perfectly with the cheese. Just a pinch of grated nutmeg will give the cheese a wonderful flavor.
You can also serve the heated cheese with a glass of white wine, cherry tomatoes, or fresh pears.
Indian Style Of Cheese Fondue
In India, cheese fondue is eaten with baby corn, pizza sticks, broccoli, and different types of loaves of bread.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp of refined flour
- One glass of water
- 50 g mozzarella cheese
- 3tbsp of nachos cheese spread
- 1 cup pizza cheese (any)
- 1tsp chilly flakes
- 1tsp oregano
- Basil leaves 4-5
1. Take the nachos cheese and microwave for 45 seconds.
2. Now heat a pan, add butter. As the butter melts add refined flour mix it so that no lumps are formed.
3. Add water and let it boil. Now add nacho cheese, grated mozzarella cheese and grated pizza cheese of your choice.
4. Keep stirring the mixture continuously. If you feel the cheese mixture is thick enough add little water.
5. Now add chilly flakes and oregano. And give it a quick mix.
6. Add chopped basil leaves. And the cheese fondue is ready.
Serve it with boiled broccoli, bread cubes, baby corn, olives or cherry tomatoes.
Cheese Fondue is very easy to make at home. Wine is an essential ingredient in cheese fondue. But if you do not drink wine, you can try the Indian version of making cheese fondue. It tastes delicious. With few seasonings and wine, it tastes authentic. When served in the fondue dish, it is heated with a candle below. It helps in keeping the cheese in the melted. Fondue has mainly originated from Switzerland but now is famous all over the world.